Saturday, December 27, 2008

WE,THE IP

(DISCLAIMER: the following article can be considered as an ode to the IP 2008;IP should not be accused of pompous attitude!!)

Ah! The arrival of November. It has a new air to it and I’m not referring to the weather; DPS-MUN is back in action! I remember being extremely thrilled and anxious about getting into IP.
IP then: full form international press, agenda-reporting committees and a big full stop after that.
I think I started discovering IP on the day of the auditions. After racking my brains to write a 500 word essay on one of the two topics, I found myself sitting in the D Block classroom the next day, all set for a three hour audition. Finally at around five o’ clock, hungry, tired and exhausted, yet satisfied, excited and elated, I began offering my prayers to god, trading my hopes for getting an iphone with being selected. Tada!! soon the results were out and I found myself as a part of the IP team. But the fun had just begun.
The following days saw the IP in the making. We sat together brain storming and putting our thoughts in ink for the Clarion. Eat, sleep, breathe and write - we were instructed.
The first edition came out with a slight complication (my fellow friends would agree that that’s an understatement), we had 3000 copies to be folded and stapled and thus compiled into a newsletter. With a spluttering Xerox machine, it wasn’t all romantic. Fuelled with coke (who the hell said it has pesticides??) we managed to compile the first edition (you can’t imagine the relief and joy….) within a few hours and all the while I tried to keep the picture of paper planes out of my mind. Yes, this newsletter in your hand, is a lot more than just four pages. It is an outcome of blood(by convention,if you please), sweat, paper, yes lots of paper and staple pins. And coke.
Whoever would see the two letters ‘IP’ written on my id card,would do either of the following:
Look upto me in awe
Stop the conversation in midway
Start doing weird stuff to catch my attention
Recall an IP ‘mischief’ and make a face
IP now: fun, running around, convincing messengers to pass us frivolous chits, sneaky, gossip desperate,supersonic typing,quick lunch hours,reporting through monotony,the heart of MUN..All in all,it had been an extremely wonderful and memorable experience of being a part of DPSMUN 2008.Can’t wait for the next one.All hail the IP.

No comments: